On November 18, energy will prosper at Aula Medica when the annual career fair CHaSE opens up to big companies, SMEs, startups, NGOs, KI organizations as well as researchers, PhDs, postdocs and masters. Last year around 500 people visited the fair.
CHaSE (Careers in Health and Science Exposition) is Stockholm’s premier career and jobs fair. It’s organized by students of Karolinska Institutet. Here, employers within the life science and health sectors can connect with potential employees. Since 2014, more than 75 organisations have met 6000 undergraduates and graduates, 2100 PhD students and 900 postdoctoral scientists from KI. CHaSE also attracts students from other top Swedish institutions.
October 19 is the deadline for companies to register, and so far, 35 companies have done it this year.
– Here is something for everyone; companies, researchers, PhD, postdocs and masters, says Angela Hoyer, marketing manager of CHaSE and PhD candidate in asthma genetics. She’s one of eight students to organize CHaSE this year.
For students it’s a platform that helps when planning for the post-university careers. Apart from meeting relevant companies and organizations, there are interesting talks, career seminars and workshops for all educational stages. LinkedIn and CV-coaching is also available. The registration for people will open on October 1.
Connecting for the future
– It’s so easy to get in touch at CHaSE, and it can also be a good way to build up connections for the future, says Angela Hoyer.
CHaSE recently received the Scandinavian Business Award for the Best Health & Science Jobs Fair 2022.
– I’ve learned a lot and it’s a good experience that will be helpful when it’s time for me to start working.
It’s not only a good experience - she also underlines that it’s been a lot of fun working with it, and a possibility to meet a lot of people.
- When/where: November 18 at Aula Medica at Karolinska Institutet, Solna
- Companies register at firstname.lastname@example.org on October 19 at the latest.
- People register from October 1. The link will be on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram.
- Read more at www.chasesthlm.se
Text: Christina Jägare